#1 “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”
#2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”
#3 “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country.”
#4 “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam.”
#5 “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”
#6 “Islam has always been part of America”
#7 “we will encourage more Americans to study in Muslim communities”
#8 “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.”
#9 “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”
#10 “I made clear that America is not – and never will be – at war with Islam.”
#11 “Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.”
#12 “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”
#13 “In ancient times and in our times, Muslim communities have been at the forefront of innovation and education.”
#14 “throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.”
#15 “Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality”
#16 “The Holy Koran tells us, ‘O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another.’”
#17 “I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.”
#18 “We’ve seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants – farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our cities, the Muslim innovators who helped build some of our highest skyscrapers and who helped unlock the secrets of our universe.”
#19 “That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn’t. And I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.”
#20 “I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.”
From Jews News.
John Boehner Becomes a Man
Maybe you saw House leader John Boehner on ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos. I missed it, but a written account of the interview shortly after may make me take back everything bad I have ever said about Mr. Boehner. It appears he has received a dose of courage from the Wizard, and is ready for a fight.
He is now on record as saying there will be no let-up in the GOP “shutdown stance” until the President decides to negotiate. Of course, so far, Obama is not budging. He’s not talking. Period. Playing golf and discussing how the Washington Redskins have an offensive name? Sure, he has time for that. But that’s it!
Boehner told Stephanopoulos: “He knows what my phone number is, all he has to do is call….The president just can’t sit there and say, ‘I’m not going to negotiate.’” He said it all without shedding a single tear! Where has this version of Boehner been all this time? What brought about this change? How did John Boehner finally find his testosterone?
The GOP has found their feet because of the Syria debacle. Obama doesn’t have Putin to bail him out this time. I don’t think anybody has truly realized how much damage the red line that the President says he never drew caused.
The GOP thinks they can win this showdown, despite polls saying they’re taking the blame. If Boehner and Company stay on point, which they’ve been doing the last few days, stressing that they’re ready to talk and ready to partially fund the government in the meantime but the Democrats won’t budge, they may turn the tide. The Democrats are depending on public opinion to pressure the GOP to cave, but that’s a strategy about as good as “hope”. Obama is steering the ship. Right now he’s sitting at anchor. He can’t do that forever, especially if the public sees no effort from him. If the situation were reversed, the GOP would have a problem. But this can quickly become Obama’s problem if he’s not careful. We know from past experience that Obama caves when the heat’s on.
So turn up the heat, Johnny! Political theater has never been so fun!
How Obama Intentionally Inflicts Pain On The American People…
1. Treatments for Children Suffering From Cancer – The GOP have agreed to a compromise by funding part of the government, including the National Institutes of Health, which offers children with cancer last-chance experimental treatment. Obama has threatened to veto this funding.
2. The World War II Memorial – The WWII memorial on the DC Mall is a 24/7 open-air memorial that is not regularly staffed. Although the White House must have known that WWII veterans in their eighties and nineties had already booked flights to visit this memorial, the White House still found the resources to spitefully barricade the attraction.
The Republican National Committee has offered to cover any costs required to keep the memorial open. The White House refused. Moreover, like the NIH, the GOP will pass a compromise bill that would fund America’s national parks. Obama has threatened to veto that bill.
3. Furloughed Military Chaplains Not Allowed to Work for Free – Furloughed military chaplains willing to celebrate Mass and baptisms for free have been told they will be punished for doing so.
4. Business Stops In Florida Keys – Although the GOP have agreed to compromise in the ongoing budget stalemate and fund the parks, Obama has threatened to veto that funding. As a result, small businesses, hunters, and commercial fisherman can’t practice their trade. While the feds have deemed the personnel necessary to keep this area open “non-essential,” the “enforcement officers” to ensure no business is done are “essential.”
5. Obama Blacks Out Sports, Entertainment Programming to Overseas Troops – The American Forces Network (AFN) that provides American sports and entertainment programming to our troops stationed abroad, has been shut down. For some reason, though, AFN News will still broadcast news, just not any of the popular and fun stuff.
Camp David is essential, but popular programming for heroes overseas is non-essential.
6. Obama Closes D-Day Memorial – The GOP have offered to compromise and fund the National Parks. Obama has said he will veto this compromise legislation. As a result, along with 24 other military cemeteries, the D-Day memorial in Normandy has been barricaded.
7. Obama Tries to Close Privately-Funded Mt. Vernon – Although George Washington’s Mt. Vernon estate is privately funded, the feds blocked visitors from entering the parking area because the Park Service maintains the lot. Apparently, the New Media publicity resulted in the feds backing down.
8. Obama Closes Over 100 Privately-Managed Parks That Cost No Money to Run – The U.S. Treasury actually makes money from the rent paid by a private company that “employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states.” No federal money is used to operate these parks. No federal employees are used to staff these parks. Taxpayers make a profit from these parks. Still, Obama had them closed and as a result 400-500 employees and a private business are taking it in the neck.
9. Obama Closes Self-Sustaining Colonial Farm It Hasn’t Supported Since 1980 – “For the first time in 40 years, the National Park Service (NPS) has finally succeeded in closing the Farm down to the public. In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm.”
10. Obama Tries to Close State-Run Parks in Wisconsin – “The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil’s Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion’s share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers.”
11. Obama Closes Vietnam Memorial – The GOP have passed compromise legislation that would fund national memorials and parks, and open them to the public. Obama threatened a veto. Apparently, the “essential” government employees are those erecting barricades, not those who could keep the memorial open.
12. Obama Closes Privately-Owned Hotel, Police Block Parking Lot – “The operator of a 51-room inn located on U.S. government-owned land in North Carolina abandoned his defiant stance on Thursday to keep the property open despite being ordered to close as part of the federal government shutdown.”
October is this inn’s prime season. The GOP have offered compromise funding opening the parks. Obama said he will veto that compromise.
State troopers blocked customers from entering the inn’s parking lot.
13. Park Service Ranger: ‘We’ve Been Told to Make Life As Difficult For People As We Can’ – “It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment.
Okla. Sen: U.S. disability system being “gamed”
The number of Americans enrolled in the federal disability program has skyrocketed, setting it on a course to become the first federal benefits program to run out of funds. Steve Kroft breaks the latest Senate investigation into the entitlement program with an interview with Sen. Tom Coburn who says the system is being gamed and is in need of an overhaul. Kroft’s report will be broadcast on 60 Minutes on Sunday, Oct. 6 7:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Coburn, the ranking Republican on the Senate Subcommittee for Investigations, doesn’t believe the system’s woes are all due to an influx of aging baby boomers and lingering effects of the recession. In his latest investigation, Coburn exposes how some legal, medical, and judicial professionals abuse the system. “If all these people are disabled…I want them all to get it and then we need to figure out how we’re going to fund it,” says Coburn. “But my investigation tells me and my common sense tells me that we got a system that’s being gamed pretty big now,” he tells Kroft.
Kroft finds two disability judges whose jobs are to adjudicate as many as 700 cases a year each in an inundated system. They say disability lawyers are flooding an already backlogged system with cases that should never have been brought because there is a good chance they will win them.
It’s hard for lawyers to resist what has become such a lucrative business. One of the judges, Marilyn Zahm, told Kroft, “If the American public knew what was going on in our system, half would be outraged and the other half would apply for benefits.”
The budget for federal disability, a Social Security Administration program, is $135 billion – more than the government spends on Homeland Security, the Justice Department and the Labor Department combined.
Read it all HERE>
Worst apocalypse since the sequester.
I understand the legitimate concerns revolving around the government shutdown, and I have no doubt that it will cause hardships, mainly to those who work for the government, of which there are many. Many, many, many. A century ago it wouldn’t have made nearly as much of a difference. The government could shut down for a month and most Americans probably wouldn’t find out about it until it was over, if then. Heck, even when Tip O’Neill caused 12 shutdowns or funding gaps, there was no such cry and hue. But now look what’s happened!
Read it all HERE.