“A free man must not be told how to think, either by the government or by social activists.
He may certainly be shown the right way, but he must not accept being forced into it.”
– Jeff Cooper
“The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals.
They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.”
– Jeff Cooper
“In truth, attempts to regulate the civilian possession of firearms have five political functions.
(1) They increase citizen reliance on government and tolerance of increased police powers and abuse;
(2) help prevent opposition to the government;
(3) facilitate repressive action by government and its allies;
(4) lessen the pressure for major or radical reform; and
(5) can be selectively enforced against those perceived to be a threat to government.”
– Raymond G. Kessler, Lawyer, sociologist, professor Dept. of Criminal Justice, Sul Ross State University.
“There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them.
One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”
– Ayn Rand, Author
“I own guns because it’s my right, it’s my Second Amendment right, and no one in Washington gave me that right; it’s a natural right confirmed by the very people that founded this nation.”
“You know why there’s a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.”