NFL SETS PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING CROWD NOISE PROTOCOLS
The NFL has issued its crowd noise protocols and all NFL stadiums will feature crowd noise to start the season whether or not fans are allowed inside the stadium, according to a memo sent out to teams last week. The league-provided crowd noise is to be played at 70 decibels and failure to follow the rules will result in aggressive fines from the home office.
According to IAC Acoustics, 70 decibels is equivalent to “passenger car at 65 mph at 25 ft (77 dB); freeway at 50 ft from pavement edge 10 a.m. (76 dB). Living room music (76 dB); radio or TV-audio, vacuum cleaner (70 dB).”
Highlights from the NFL’s crowd noise memo:
• League-curated audio must be played in all stadiums that do not admit fans. To begin the season, curated audio must be played in stadiums that admit fans. NFL Football Operations will re-evaluate the use of audio in stadiums with fans as the season progresses.
• Your club’s game presentation staff must play the curated audio through the stadium’s PA system at 70 dBs.
• Clubs are prohibited from implementing any additional remote fan crowd noise, including from the parking lots or other areas outside the stadium.
• A club’s failure to adhere to these policies, including any attempt to manipulate the League-provided curated audio, will constitute a violation of the Game Operations Manual. Violations of any of the policies set forth above or in the Game Operations Manual may result in the imposition of fines on the club, fines and/or suspensions of persons involved, and/or the forfeiture of a draft choice(s), including for first offenses. Ignorance of a policy or rule set forth in this Manual will not be considered a mitigating factor with respect to the assessment of accountability measures.
In 2014, Arrowhead Stadium set a Guinness Book of World Records outdoor stadium crowd noise record by hitting a measured mark of 142.2 decibels. Arrowhead will be at 22% capacity Thursday night when the NFL season starts with Texans-Chiefs.
Get the full memo HERE
Damn, bad enough MLB and MLS and what all use fake people as crowds. Now there will be fake noises of clapping and all that shit!
And yet, there will be enough morons to watch these fake nfl teams….
We say we have a “race problem.” No. We have a black problem.
The alleged racism of whites does not exist. The country is home to millions of Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Indians, Lebanese, Jews, Thais, and Vietnamese. Few whites care. Many welcome it.
A (very) black man walks up to a white five-year-old and shoots him in the head with no apparent provocation except, maybe, that the child rode his bicycle over the killer’s lawn.
A (very) black man, Emanuel Deshaun Aranda, throws a white child of five from a rooftop café for no reason other, perhaps, that (he said) he couldn’t pick up women. Unusually, the NYT ran a photo. If the races had been reversed, we all know that three weeks of media circus would have followed.
Four black teenagers kill a white girl of seventeen, Veronica Lee Baker, for no plausible reason. If you follow the link, or search of Veronica Lee Baker, you will find the killers called “teenagers,” with no photo.
More @ Fred On Everything
The coming New York catastrophe is very similar to 70’s New York. What caused this? High tax rates, high crime rates, rising homeless, unfriendly business environments and tax burdens being just some of the many reasons people are leaving New York.
Jon Del Arroz contemplates the Culture War Grift
After you’ve been around the block awhile, you see posts of folk complaining about online movements which devolve into meaninglessness.
It’s pretty easy to spot the symptoms at this point to not involve yourself:
- Conservatives/Right Wingers are blacklisted/wronged/banned from some industry.
- The people react, supporting said right wingers.
- People want more — they want an alternative, they look for a leader.
- A few semi-celebrity grifters come in, act as leaders to either get themselves awards and/or money.
- The grifters bleat endlessly about how the art must be “apolitical”.
- The grifters fight the right wingers and wrestle control of the movement, often warning about “extremism on both sides”.
- The right wingers get ostracized/blacklisted, thus negating the purpose of the movement to beginwith.
- The grifters ride the movement until it dies.
I’m sure you can’t imagine whom he has in mind…. The key for any lasting organization or institution is to keep out the SJWs, which is something neither the grifters nor the wannabees will ever do. Sad Puppies and the Dragon Awards were doomed because they wanted to fix the enemy. The reason our projects continue moving forward – however irritatingly slowly they move – is because we refuse to embrace the apolitical or the irreligious.
Life is a fundamentally spiritual exercise. And those who are playing only for themselves, or worse, for the other side, cannot be allowed on the team.